Sunday, April 15, 2012

Presenting Anus

Maggie: How do you say the name A-E-N-U-S? I have a presentation to do in class and I think it's pronounced 'anus'.

Bonnie: Uh.....don't say anus. That isn't right. I think the the 'a' is silent. It's probably ee-knee-us or something.

Maggie: Cause I don't want to stand up in front of the class and say 'anus'.

Bonnie: Ok....well don't. Say anything but anus. The 'a' is silent.

A couple days later...

Maggie: So I had my presentation...

Bonnie: Oh? How did it go?

Maggie: I said Anus.

Bonnie: You didn't.

Maggie: I did.

Bonnie: I told you not to say anus.

Maggie: I know but couldn't find how to pronounce it!

Bonnie: So when in doubt, fall back on 'anus'?

Maggie: The teacher corrected me. It's not 'anus'.

Bonnie: 'A' is silent?

Maggie: *sigh* Yup...

No comments:

Post a Comment